Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Storms

Was reading in the paper about the damage done to places on lake Winnipeg by the recent storm. It seems that, at Grand Beach, both the board walk and the sand dunes between the boardwalk and the lagoon are heavily damaged--the sand dunes gone--and, my memory says they were huge. Victoria Beach and those beaches in between there and Grand Beach, were damaged as well--most of the sand gone. The paper said that this has happened before, and that the sand beaches tend to rehabilitate themselves without human help, in about 10 years. Gimli was hit too. These places were part of our childhood. I remember spending a week at Victoria Beach with Dad and Mr. Martin and Ron Martin. I think you were there with us Beth. And there were many holidays at Boundary Park in Uncle Tom's cabin. All of this reminiscing makes me feel old

We were out to Wal-Mart again today to se if we could find another sweat jacket for David. he really likes the fit of the one we bought a few days ago. So he now has three of them. But while we were out I saw several old men. Some of them were just wandering around looking lost, and a couple of others were quite debilitated and pushing shopping carts to appear less so. It doesn't seem fair that life has to end with a loss of dignity--and that it seems to hit men worse than women. Possibly because so many men base their self esteem on physical ability.

Boy! Have I ever taken a dismal pill today! But I also spent time this morning looking up recipes on the internet. OMG! When did I turn into a boring old woman? Does anyone have a recipe using Campbells Mushroom soup and chicken and mushrooms,that doesn't have broccoli in it? Maybe I'll just have to make one up--that includes wild rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment