Wednesday, May 4, 2011

All quiet

David is still not fully recovered from his nasty cold, so is taking things easy.  I've been cleaning up UFO's in the studio, getting ready to work on a purse I've been asked to finish.  Since I've already been paid for it, it needs to be done PDQ.  It will have to be completely done by hand, so I'll have to pace myself carefully, but I have a couple of projects lined up to work on at the same time, both of which require entirely different muscle action.

 So--the highlight of the week, so far, was going out to buy a loaf of bread yesterday.  It was "seniors' day" at the bakery on Logan, so we drove half way across the city to save 10% on a loaf of bread--3 loaves, actually--almost $0.50.  I wonder how much gas we used?  We can get the bread closser to home, but the price is almost doubled.  Saturday evening we are going out for dinner with Loren and his family to celebrate Gillian's 12th birthday.  The dinner with Jeremy in March was not a pleasure, but we're going to a different restaurant this time.

Snow's gone.  The Ladyslippers and rehubarb seem fine.  The Iris are up but the rabbit has been nibbling on them.  David hasn't been well enough to rake the lawn, and now it's all greeen and so high that you can't see the winter debris anymore, so maybe it doesn't matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment