Monday, May 16, 2011

Back to reality

It was a great weekend. Lots of plays to watch, and 6 of them were written by Manitobans! We got some good ideas for short plays we could do in Neepawa, and, since Neepawa is hosting ACTFest next year, we got some ideas from the entire weekend. The water is the Portage diversion is covering the bottom of the bridge on #1, and they have heavy equipment building up the sides of the diversion so it can hold more water. We, too, watched the dike breach on tv. It is very controlled and they now expect fewer acres to be covered than was originally predicted. Highway 13 to Winkler is the detour for highway 75 south, so there we a lot of traffic on Friday. It was pouring rain with intermittant snowfall all day Friday, but the sun came out on Saturday and Sunday was beautiful. There were a lot of sandbagged houses around Oakville, but the water is moving slowly and wasn't even visible yet when we came home on Sunday, but it is expected to reach the homes we saw. We got home around 3:30 Sunday and didn't even unpack. We just sat outside in the sunlight. I was in bed early. Even though I behaved and got to bed early(relatively) on the weekend, I think the excitement of the event and the let down when it ends is tiring enough. Jim's surgery is slated for tomorrow morning. I have to have him at the hospital by 7am, so I guess I will be sitting around the office for a while. We aren't sure if he will be coming home tomorrow, or spending the night. He sees the doctor today, so maybe he will find out. Last time he spent the night, but the hernia was much bigger than expected and harder to fix. This time it is right below the scar from his heart surgery and should be easier. Isn't growing older a real pain!!! This weekend I ordered from the senior's menu and the waitress never even looked twice at me!!! How deflating! At least I got to leave Neepawa for a while. It has been a long time since I left this town. Kris & Sandi get their new house this week. I won't even get to see it for a while. I really loved their old house, but this one comes with 40 acres. Well, it's off to work again. Reality has struck

No comments:

Post a Comment