Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Be - The gods show their displeasure

Last night I was able to relax at the computer and write a fairly interesting message for a change, and was feeling quite OK. I told you about some exciting weekend events and the thunderstorms that were intermittently attacking us all day. Just as I was about to end, the power went off for a few seconds - enough to have the stove clock flashing, and the computer go off. I logged on quickly hoping my message may somehow mysteriously reappear. Just as I got onto the internet the power went off again, and the computer just closed down completely. I have never saved any message while typing it - if you press the savenow button at the bottom, where does it save the message? I can see a message at the bottom that says draft autosaved at 8:58 pm (the time now) so I know that this message is being saved as I write it. Anyway, I was very sad at this dilemna but my attention was quickly drawn to the water building up outside from a sudden torrential downpour - the sump pump wasn't working and so out I went in the rain, and lightening and thunder to get it pumping. And so that very brief moment of peace and serenity was broken and I say the gods must have been upset with me!!! Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment