Sunday, May 1, 2011

Spring!

Just think, we get to celebrate spring twice this year!  Yeah, we got it overnight.  I just about died when I heard the forecast on Friday--High of 22, snow this evening.  I asked David and he explained that I had mis-heard it.  The high of 22 was for Friday and the snow forecast for Saturday evening.  We were supposed to get 2 cm but I'm sure it was more like 10-12.  They have shoveled the walk for the church across the street and you can see the depth.  I think the brushes have been moved from the car to the garage, and you, almost, can't see the car from the kitchen.  Still snowing and blowing.  Good luck with your plants, Beth.

I still have my shift at the Art Show today, but I think I'll get David to drop me off.  There is a parking lot for people working there, but it's almost a block away.  I used it yesterday and then had to walk in pouring rain.  The sidewalks were submerged and I had to walk along  the curb in three different areas.  All of that water is now ice under the snow, and I really don't want to take a chance.  I may have sold one of my larger matted pieces yesterday.  Not much money, but still, someone liked it.

P.S.  David just came to tell me that parts of Southern Manitoba got 30-50 cm of snow and that we are still under a storm watch, with at least 5 more cm expected.  Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment