Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Finally, a day that I can call my own! Of course it is 10:50 am and I am still waiting for the breakfast I was promised. We worked in the garden yesterday. Got some potatoes and cool weather crops in. It is supposed to rain steady for the next 4 days, and we are in Winkler all next weekend, so we had to do something. I completed my census on line and, lucky me, got selected to do the household survey. The promised 3 minute census turned into a much longer process. We thought our lawn mower was broken for ever, but Cory came out and had it fixed in no time. We are good for another year. We work on the barter system. We gave his family a bag of weiners and they are going to come and cut some more wood. I should say, maybe they are. There were told on Friday that their landlord is selling their house and they will have to move. There is nothing at all available in Neepawa, so they may be looking at moving a long ways. It is a shame, but they are only paying 400 a month, and landlords are getting 900 to 1000 for broken down houses. They might end up with 10 hog plant workers sharing the house and only paying 100 each. Unfortunately, it is the young families that are losing out. It has been pretty busy at work, since we are still short staffed and I find by Friday I just want to curl up and sleep. I hope I have some energy next week. I am leaving at 1pm and heading to Winkler for the ACT Festival. It may still be exhausting, but it will be a fun time. Jim is coming with me. He doesn't watch all the plays, but he enjoys the weekend. Just in passing, I take calcium supplements daily. My problem is that I take all my pills in the morning and you are not supposed to take the calcium within 2 hours of other medication. The trick for me is to remember to take them later. I think it is time to go and whine about my breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment