Thursday, May 19, 2011

Checking in

I kept Samantha home today from daycare as she was coughing all night long and the medicine doesn't seem to make any difference. I also don't feel well as my throat is quite sore. Strep has been going around so I took us both to a walk in on Fermor. We got there at 11:20 and joined a room of over 15 other people waiting for their turn. We were out in less than an hour (yeah!)with a prescription for me, but not for her as she is too young. The doctor did however tell us in a "whisper" that if he had a child in the same condition as mine, he would get a decongestatnt for her even though they only make them for children 6 and older. I also picked up some sucrets when I picked up my prescription and was able to get some other shopping done while we waited for the prescription. I was happy to get this done at the same time to save an extra trip to the city and we also have soccer tonight. Samantha has been better this afternoon, so I'm hoping she can go back to daycare tomorrow as it's my only Friday off while Darren is away. Although he did tell me last night that he might not be doing the 4th week due to the flooding. With them cancelling the 4th week, I won't be surprised if he works the 5th week to make up for it. We'll have to see. Jess is now coughing as well. It should be a fun night tonight.

I read the article mom gave me regarding bone loss and it doesn't look good for me. I think I had at least 4 of the things to watch out for. It made me think that doctors can be very narrow minded when prescribing birth control methods. Yes, they prevent pregnancy, but there seem to be so many other issues that can arise from their use. I understand when you are younger, your main thing is not to get pregnant, but as you get older, I think that the doctors should make us more aware of the long term health risks. That's enough heavy talk for me today. Off to make supper and then run to soccer.

No comments:

Post a Comment