Friday, May 6, 2011

Strange structures

It's amazing how often these very strange things turn out to have a commonplace explanation.  A couple of years ago, an Asian-looking couple moved in across the street, and put a very weird wooden box-like thing in the front yard.  We wondered for awhile and it turned out to be a rabbit hutch.  They were raising their own meat. Now they have another box-like thing-y that appears to be about 3'x3'x4'h.  It appears to be in layers and perhaps made out of concrete blocks.  We puzzled over this for awhile and then I noticed that their downspouts flowed into it.  Maybe a rain barrel? (Right in the middle of the picture, once you enlarge it) Let us know when you find out what yours are, Beth.


Got an unexpected phone call yesterday, from my doctor's office telling me that they had arranged for me to have a bone density test.  Now this is something I've never worrried about, given my size.  But I guess that when someone my age suffers a fracture, they have to jump through all the hoops.  Then, by coincidence, I bought a ladies' Home Journal today and there was a big article on bone density.  Of course, I read it end to end and now I'm concerned.  I have many of the contributing factors that they look for, from my early menopause and no hormone replacement therapy, to my exercise routines that are, for the most part, non-weight bearing, and my coffee consumption.  In any case, the apppointment is next Monday, and today I got all of the forms in the mail that I have to fill out before then.

Amber and the girls will be coming for supper on sunday.  I planned a menu from some of the Kraft recipes that I get (thanks Cathy)  One was for a dessert loaf made with graham wafers and Eagle Brand milk soured with lemon juice. I remember this one from years ago, when we all lived at home, so I'm anxious to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment