Monday, May 23, 2011

Poker

Well, the first few days I had the book, my bankroll went up by $8000.  I bet more carefully but was more aggressive when I did bet.  However, over the past two days, I'm down by $4000.  I'm having fun and the book only cost me $20 including shipping by UPS.  There is still a lot more reading to do in it.  I'm taking it slowly and implimenting once lesson at a time.  I do worry a bit that the author appears to be a better success at selling books than playing poker. lol

Today the Ravenesque ladies are coming over to spend the afternoon.  I have thoroughly cleaned the studio, even getting rid of a couple of bags of "stuff".  One of my goals ( probably the last on the list) is to do a "apring cleaning" this year.  2011 is 12 years in this house--the longest we've ever stayed in any of them.  We're starting to see hints of 12 years of little routine maintenance, so I'm starting a list of small chores that need doing.  Over the weekend, David dug out the entire flower bed where the Lily-of-the-Valley had been, and discovered that the roots extended well into the neighbour's garden, so had to do a little repair work there.  Next is to see if we can get a few pieces of sod to fill the space in. And somebody ate my one tulip bud!  But we've also looked around and there are three yards on the block that aren't full of dandelions, and all three of them are serviced by the same lawncare company--inluding us.  Maybe that's our future, to pay for the things we can't do ourselves.

In any case, I'm very much looking forward to this afternoon, even baking some Blond Brownies from the old recipe box. And then maybe some "carmel icing?   It's sort of neat how much those old recipes and scratch cooking seem to impress people.

P.S.  Do NOT cook carmel icingin the microwave.  It does NOT work!

No comments:

Post a Comment