Friday, May 6, 2011

Be - more strange happenings...

Today I was able to work a bit in the yard but the rain came and forced me inside. But before that I set up that tiny pink table you gave me at the Lake Patty and of course my mind started to wander. When I came in I had an urge to bake something - I was suffering from that darn "hand to mouth" syndrome. I sorted through my recipe box (always fun for me!) and didn't my hand fall on your Cinnamon Rolls Patty, made from the basic Tea Biscuit recipe. We must have been communicating with each other is some manner unexplained. Anyway I made them and then consummed as many as was appropriate without feeling too guilty.
I bought my first bag of peanuts in the shell for this summers enjoyment today- as you know, I love to sit outside and eat away. I happened to look more closely than usual at the labeling as I am trying to cut down on carbohydrates. ( I can see and hear you all laughing at me, especially having just told you about the rolls, right?) Now remember that these were Roasted Peanuts in the Shell. In a big boxed notice was an Allergy Alert which stated Caution /Attention Allergy Warning / May contain traces of nuts. I'm glad I read the label before eating them as I might have been surprised!
Now to bone density - as you know I have been on Fosamax for years, have regular bone density tests every two years, and I am supposed to maintain a diet high in calcium. My percentages were diagnosed as severe but over the years have stabilized somewhat. I cannot cut coffee from my day - try as I might to cut down. My Doctor told me I am well over my limit of daily consumption, and each time I get my teeth cleaned I am reminded that coffee and tea will stain them. So what does one do? Let me know how you make out Patty. I await to hear from my Doctor anytime that a colonoscopy has been booked as she said at my appt last fall that I was due for one again. Patty, I'll trade your bone density for my colonoscopy, OK?
Hope you all have a good weekend. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment