Friday, July 1, 2011

The Cat came back....

It has seemed like Grand Central Station here lately. Two nights in a row I've tried to post something and people have arrived. Even last night! One night we had 16 people drop in! Of course 11 of them were Hutterites. Sam brought Betty & the girls down for a visit. They don't get to go out much, so it was a bit of a treat for them. I'm sure they would rather have gone shopping or something, but it was evening. April and Cory showed up with their 3 kids. It wasn't long before all the kids were playing tag. (Including my "kid") The younger kids loved that she played with them. Finally the weather has turned warm. Unfortunately we are still having rain, so it has been hot & muggy. On Wednesday night we had one heck of a storm. I was up at 3am and the light show was spectacular. Steady lightening. I was only up because Nika is afraid of thunder and she had come upstairs and was barking outside our bedroom door. Not a steady bark. Just a quick yip everytime there was thunder. Of course there was a lot of thunder. Keri has been working very hard at VCC. She has been there 2 weeks now and has done more work than was done by the last 2 employees combined. I am starting to think that we may recover from the last few months. It is getting busy at work again, and people are taking holidays so we are always short staffed. Yesterday it was me & Elizabeth and the summer student. Elizabeth actually said that there was no reason to bust ourselves to get the work done. I only did 30 documents since it was month end and quarter end and I had to get stuff done for that. Patty will be coming back on Monday to a whole load or work that I didn't even look at. One of the District Registrars in another office has been accepting some work for me since I don't have authority to accept. He called yesterday to say he had some time if I wanted to send some more documents to him. I had to confess that I had been so busy that I hadn't had a chance to verify anything to send! It was nice of him to call, though. Today my holiday plans include cleaning the bathroom and the fridge. Obviously I am avoiding the work because I am sitting here at the computer. I am going to get it done and then jump in the pool!
Happy Canada Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment