Thursday, December 1, 2011

I wish....

....that I could be as wonderfully busy and productive as you sound to be Patty. I bring to mind the word "mundane" to describe things here lately. Well, we went to Mothers again after two days absence because of the severe weather we had. The power went out again today and there are still approx 4000 customers without power at all. So I guess we are lucky to have fluctuating service?? We have enough snow to last for winter – and it all fell in the last two days after we had been enjoying nice Fall like conditions up until now. I also got some badly needed housework done this afternoon after returning from Mothers with another load. It feels so good to do housework – I like the idea that I have washed floors and cleaned up but no one could ever tell except me haha. I walked with the dog tonight after supper and purposefully went around the subdivision to look into windows. I like to see the Christmas decorations and really enjoy the walk and the viewing. We don't have anything in the way of Christmas up yet – we actually have no room for the tree right now in the front room and if truth be told, I am not really in the mood to put anything up. But I'm sure that will change or I will be forced to change. I wrapped gifts for Harry's sister and family over the weekend so have that done and all the cards were mailed today. The one thing I enjoy is playing Christmas music on my CD player, and starting today ( Dec 1) the radio station is playing Christmas songs now so I quite like that. On Sat Dec 10 we are going to a show in North Bay – Scott Woods Band – remember we went in June and I told you how good it was and Cathy I mentioned they were coming to Neepawa. Well, on Dec 10 they are back to North Bay for a special Christmas show at 3 pm with a dinner to follow at the Legion In Callander. I am not sure if the tickets we purchased cover the dinner but I'm sure we will find out once we get there. I haven't been reading anything for the last week and I think perhaps I am in withdrawal?? The optometrist called Wed to say my glasses were in, but because of the bad weather they weren't coming to Sundridge until next week so I couldn't even get my new prescription. I will be getting bifocals instead of trifocals and a new set of frames so I'm anxious to get them to see if I can "see" better. Cost plenty $$$ so they better be OK.  Take care for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment