Monday, December 12, 2011

And eating, and eating, and eating---

This weekend is my "busy, busy, Chritmas social time".  Yes, as we get older our celebration tolerance gets   gets shorter and shorter--mine is now down to two days.  Yesterday ( Sunday) my long time friend Carolyn was in town. There were many people she wanted to see, and little time, so one of the ladies organized a "stitch-in" at a local retirement centre, complete with a catered supper.  While most of us stitched, Carolyn spent 15 minutes with each of us in a private one-on-one.  It made so much sense to do it that way, and it gave each of us enough time to catch up.  The supper was excellent, a served meal, complete with the largest Yorkshire pudding I've ever seen.  And Bramble berry pie for dessert.  It's been a very lomg time since I've had a double crust fruit pie.

Today (Monday)my little group --"the Tuesday night stichers that used to meet on Wednesday, but now meet Tuesday afternoon"--got together for our Annual Christmas Luncheon" at the local Olive Garden.  It was a very delicious meal.  I quite enjoyed it, and mentioned to David that maybe we could go there for lunch sometime.

On the way to the Olive Garden, I stopped in WalMart for a prescription and found decent zipper-front sweat shirts in my size for $9.00 each.  I've been wearing one of them since I got home and it seems quite fine. Of course, the rant about WalMart and their profit margin from another of my lunch companions gave me the guilts--for about 3 minutes. And  on the topic of food, David treated us to some of his Christmas shortbread for supper tonight.

So today is another day when I'm just generally grateful.  And how am I doing at finding small pleasures?Right now I feel good and life is going well.

No comments:

Post a Comment