Monday, December 19, 2011

meal planning

I tend to think of any meal that has protein, starch and veggie as being a full meal.  We are now tending to only have one meal a day, with a couple of snacks.  Once in awhile I make porridge for breakfast, but usually on days when I don't expect to get anything until supper time.  Given the time of year our snacks are now mainly sugar--naughty, naughty!  The girls were over for supper yesterday--cranky, snarly, and out to get each other--constant squabbling.  Amber and Darren have an important adult only dinner on Thursday, so we'll have them again, for supper.

I remember Morris's store, but in my day it was Sam's store.  I must have been about 10 when it changed hands.  I think there is a very ugly, contemporary house there now.  Since Auntie Lorraine died, there is no excuse to go back to the old neighbourhood.  Even driving down Osborne St. is entirely different.  I see in today's paper that the old Royal Bank that used to be at Kylemore and Osborne is now a mosque!  Also in today's paper is something about emerging plans to change the corner of River and Osborne.  Some poor fellow is being offered $20,000 ( I think) to walk away from a restaurant that he's invested $100,00 in, and years of his life.

David tells me that it's bed time.  Good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment