Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Hanging in....

I'm still here and have just made some melting moments, and some cheese tarts. Now, I fear that my baking skills are badly in need of some improvements – I think more experience is necessary as I could not believe how rusty I am. I love to bake but just have not done any for so long. I also think that having the right ingredients is essential. For example if it says butter, don't try to substitute " I Can't Believe Its Not Butter" margarine haha Enough said...... Harry has spent a few days at his Mothers on his own while I puttered around the house doing odds and ends. There were a lot of garbage runs though when he came home with several trips a day there and back which takes its toll on energy and gas! His brother is to come tomorrow but even that is is doubt as her mother and father are both in Kirkland hospital and the mother has taken a turn for the worse. We made a trip to North Bay yesterday and got a glimpse only of Mike as he got home from Petawawa late Sunday night and was trying to sleep. I think I told you that the owner of his building went bankrupt and the Property Management Company that took over has started to upgrade the building – so Mike could not sleep well with pounding and hammering and vibration throughout.  I wonder what his future in his apartment will be with all this happening around him. Probably an increase in rent as allowed by law, or eviction, or maybe Mike will look for another place? Anyway, onward and upward. ps I logged onto the fast friday web site and thanks for the tip – I shall enjoy this viewing when I can – the comments section is most interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment