Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Social butterfly does good.......

I really enjoyed reading about your social outings for a few good reasons – you got to go out, and you got to enjoy time with friends. I often think about this and except for my semi annual lunch with Sue, I don't get out much.. But I make up my own fun as you know only too well. Today we went to North Bay and did a bit more shopping so I think that we might finally be finished for Christmas – I have to wrap yet but that is fun. But while on the road I suddenly thought of making Edna's cookies and of course thought of all the family get togethers that involved a bag (make that "bags")of Edna's cookies, and got all warm and fuzzy. I made a batch after supper and took great pains to follow recipe exactly, and watched each cookie sheet cook so that I could take them out of the oven at exactly the right time. Think I was going too far???? No, I made the best cookies ever and I had a wonderful nostalgic time.
The weather is awful – warm and melting and raining and foggy and miserable. Hoping it may cool down again by the weekend so we can get on with winter. The one's I feel bad for are the Ski Hills desperately trying to make snow but to no avail with these temps so warm so they can't open up. It doesn't look good for the next week either and that might spoil a good Christmas season for profits. The lake is still open which means no ice fishing or snowmobiles will be able to access until likely mid or late January provided it cools down and freezes enough. Time to go..until next time take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment