Sunday, December 11, 2011

I'm still eating so why not you?

I agree about the downfall of baking which results in the eating of same, but I also enjoy the baking and seeing the results - so be it. Especially when I use the right ingredients and everything turns out good! I just baked a sheet of refridgerator cookies I had rolled in the fridge since two days ago. They are just right fresh and hot from the oven and that is why I made small rolls – only enough for a cookie sheet and not too many that can't be eaten in one sitting haha.  I made nuts and bolts last year from your recipe but mine just didn't turn out so good and I'm hesitant to make another batch. Yesterday we went to the Scott Woods Show at the Callander Legion Branch 445 – started at 3 pm and went for a full 2 1/4 hours afterwhich we took part in a chicken dinner ($10.00 each) It was a most enjoyable time and I would say very timely as well to lift one's spirit! We sat beside three couples who were obviously best of friends and provided lots of fun and laughs which always makes an outing nice when you really go in not knowing anyone. We went to Mothers this morning and cleaned more of the garage – a must do activity but not necessarily a want to do activity. Mike went up to Timmins this weekend and since the weather has not been too good for driving, I will be anxious to hear he is back home later tonight. Anyway, I must go and eat more cookies and check the wash. Good to hear from both of you today when I checked the site, and to hear good medical reports from Patty, and housecleaning woes from Cathy as I can relate to all of it. I believe that I was in book withdrawal as I mentioned some time ago, because on Friday I went to the library and checked out another Steve Berry novel – his latest from this year, and immediately when I started to read felt a sense of relief. Funny how we get ourselves into these little rituals and seem to need them after awhile? Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment