Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Licorice allsorts

What a shame everyone knows I like licorice allsorts as I now have enough to last for a while although I have already done justice to one box!! Two days past the big day and I am still thinking about it all with great fondness. I loved the picture you sent Patty – I always think that pictures of family sitting at the dinner table speaks volumes and this one did not disappoint me even if I had to look sideways with a magnifying glass haha And I was thinking about you Cathy at Chicken Delight again – I hear on the radio and read in the newspapers about all the "charity" dinners being served on Christmas day and have often thought this would be nice to do if my situation were different.
While at Mike's I noticed a new box of "Magic, The Gathering" playing cards – he used to play this game when he was young and I thought of all the boxes of cards I had in his closet which he abandoned when he moved out. He mentioned that his group of friends who get together weekly to play games have started to move towards some of the older favourites and one of the guys brought Magic cards to encourage the others. Mike said he went up to the gaming store and bought a box so he could play along since the others seemed to have their own still. So guess what I did – rummaged through his closet which has gained a considerable amount of other stuff in the meantime, and gathered two large cardboard boxes full of smaller game boxes full of cards. They are now at his house since we went to North Bay this morning for a bit of shopping. There are still boxes of other game cards eg Pokemon, and Star Trek, and Star Wars left to sort over but I'll give him a bit of space until I dump them on his doorstep haha
We bought some wrapping paper, and some ribbons on sale today, so I shall organize all the wrapping materials this afternoon and take them downstairs to store for another year. I also bought a VHS copy of the first Zorro movie which I hope to view tonight if all goes well. I have the second movie but not the first and have always wanted to see it again – maybe some day I can get a DVD copy but for now this will do. I was given the trilogy of Back to the Future last year by Mike and if time allows this week I plan to tackle those back to back to back. A marathon of sorts!
Flash freezing warning is in effect for this area tonight and it hasn't stopped snowing all day but the temps are still mild – calling for a drop of 14 degrees in a very short time period – hence the warning for flash freezing. But a walk to the lake this morning with the dog still indicates open water so I am afraid that the outdoor enthusiasts may not have a very good year – at least it will be a short year to be sure if it happens to freeze over soon – need at least a foot of ice to sled or fish. I'm ever so glad my ice fishing days are over – how many years did I have to pretend I was having a good time for the kids sake while all along so desperately afraid to go on the ice!  With that happy note, I shall jump into Mike's cupboard for awhile and then walk the dog. Have a good day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment