Thursday, December 22, 2011

I'm not for hire -sorry

but I did manage to put in a full day at Mike's and enjoyed the time if you can believe one gets enjoyment from housecleaning! I stopped at Walmart before going over to his place and bought a bath set for him as a surprise – you know rug, toilet seat etc . I also got a new shower curtain so that when I cleaned I could replace his others and bring them home to wash. I just got into the grunge work in the bathroom having taken down the old and was cleaning the tub when he came in from work. He had come home to shower and change into his uniform after having gone for his annual fit test first thing this morning. I guess I really surprised him! I quickly started to put up the new but by then he had filled a bag with his stuff and was headed back to the Armouries where he said he could shower. But he did comment on the nice brown colour, and the pattern of the new curtain and how much he liked it so I was happy with my little rouse. The little cat was shy at first but then came around and started to pay attention to me – I think because I was ignoring it and going about my work, and he became curious about me and why I wasn't trying to to pick him up. And of course of all days, the weather decided to produce freezing rain and snow showers which made the trip home a bit dicey but nevertheless safely ended. And I had a Tim's to drink on the way because I purposely stopped before leaving North Bay to purchase one – the line up must have taken 10 minutes, at least it felt that long and I was thinking the whole time how I didn't really mind sitting in line waiting for a coffee – I guess it is because it really is a treat for me and not an everyday occurrence. So back to home again satisfied that I did a good turn and it was appreciated by Mike. Now two days at home before we go up again for Christmas Day. Today is supposed to be the shortest day of the year  being Winter Solstice although it felt just as long to me. I guess we can be happy that starting tomorrow the days will be getting longer and bringing us closer to spring! Somehow I think we missed Winter as there is not much indication that it is here although I should watch what I say as we may be in for a big shock over the next several months. The radio announcer that has the morning show in North Bay was bragging this morning because he was flying out to Winnipeg this afternoon for Christmas – his family is in Winnipeg, and Powerview , Manitoba and for a few fleeting moments I felt a bit jealous. I remember the year I came for a short visit over New years because  Phyllis had come to Colins for Christmas – it was the last time I saw her actually so was very glad that I came. The trip was a nightmare if I remember correctly including losing my luggage on the return trip – then the carrier went out of business the next month. Anyway I seem to be reminiscing a bit too much tonight so better sign off and go to bed.  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment