Saturday, December 17, 2011

How long 'til Christmas???

We don't even have our tree up yet. We keep setting a day to do it and then something happens. Personally I think that stupid dog will eat it. We are so behind here. We were supposed to send our presents to Maddie and McKenna (McKenna is Cheryl's youngest daughter... Cheryl is Tim's and we really like her!) with Judy when she went there for Christmas but we are too late now. We won our usual at Meat Draw last night. We were only there because it was Turkeys and Hams. I actually had fun because I phone Rrain and asked if she would pick us up if I drank and she said yes, so I had 4, count 'em 4 beers. Good thing she came. Of course we have to got and get our truck today. It is parked at Land Titles. Today I get to buy food, too. My list has been growing all week and if we want supper I better shop. I have hamburger so there is hope, but we have had goulash and hamburgers already. I think that I will make the meat roll that you gave me the recipe for, Pati. I have made it before and everyone really liked it. Tomorrow will be chicken. It's sort of funny that I still carry some of the habits from growing up. Saturday could be a fun meal, but Sunday was always a full meal. I remember Daddy giving me 50 cents to go to Morris's to buy Old Dutch Chips on Saturday and I got to keep the change. Change from 50 cents... times sure are different. Of course I would also get 25 cents to go to the show and buy popcorn. I didn't win the lottery last night, but maybe next week. (the eternal optimist) Jim is awake so I guess it is time for breakfast. Have a great weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment