Friday, December 16, 2011

Plans

Yes, I suddenly realized that it was the last weekend before Christmas, only this morning.  I had intended to do more baking, but had put it off to prevent it all being eaten before the Big Day.  Well, we've had a box of Brandy Beans in the house and they sure disappeared in a hurry, so I'm not sure that I should do the rest of the baking or not.  Will the world end without Nanaimo Bars for Christmas day?  Darn Tootin' it will!  My Ravenesque group have been invited over on January 2nd, and I need some dainties for then.  So maybe the rolls of cookie dough in the freezer will stay there until January 1st, and the Nanaimo Bars will get made for the family.

The ladies are planning a pot luck supper that day, so the kitchen will have ot be cleaned as well.  usualy they stay in the basement, but not this time.  I think the Chritsmas dishes will stay out until the 3rd, instead of being put away after company on the first--not that anyone has been invited over, but you never know.

Otherwise this promises to be a fairly quiet week.  We have no outings planned, lots of meals in the freezer, and I have a fair bit of studio work piling up. I've tried to put up the little pieces I've been working on, on the other blog.  A group of ladies have agreed to slowly work through an art quilt book together, doing the execises in an effort to improve our skills.  I'm finding it both relaxing and educational, and quite enjoying the challenge.  Both of the pieces I have recently put up have come out of that work.  I'm making a point of finishing them well, so that I can put them into the "boutique" at the up coming quilt show.  This may be a passive way of testing the market. there are also two major pieces on the way, both committed to exhibitions over the next 9 months.  So time to devote myself to studio work.

The other day it rained for several hours here, and then froze.  Looking for a silver lining, I'm grateful that the rain got rid of a lot of snow.  We're getting old enough to see both sides of a "white Christmas".  Now we are facing a forecast high of 5 degrees for Sunday.  More melting and icey streets.  So I'm grateful that we don't have to shop or go to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment