Wednesday, December 7, 2011

New glasses

.....are on my face and have been for most of the day. I am trying to get used to the difference in vision from trifocals to bifocals. I picked them up this morning and then headed for a shopping day in North Bay. Harry had gone to his mothers, and his brother and sister were coming again today. I wore the glasses to drive and noticed a big difference but I'm still having trouble focusing to read eg for using the computer now, I don't have that third options for distance. It is quite a change between computer work, and for reading closer. I may keep my old glasses handy for awhile. I bought some real butter and have a batch of cheese tarts ready to bake. Hopefully they will turn out better than the last batch. I can still eat the first ones, but not the same crispy pastry taste. I bought a new Tim Hortons china cup for myself and used up the last of my gift card I got last year. I think there was a little over $2.00 left and I wanted to use it towards a lasting cause ie the cup. The girl made a mistake on my order and gave me a large coffee instead of an extra large so her supervisor came over and told me I could take the both because they would only have to throw out the first cup anyway. So I felt I had been given gold  ie an extra cup of Tims for free! I had a very nice day wandering around – I was able to buy a few gifts and intend to wrap them up while watching Miracle on 34th Street tonight. Very ambitious as I can feel myself waning quickly so time will tell. You know when you plan for certain activities and come he—or highwater you're going to complete the list – well, I just may find myself heading for bed instead and leaving things for the morning as I should have a few hours to myself before Harry returns form Sprucedale. So I better get at it........

No comments:

Post a Comment