Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Not much to say

but I didn't want anyone to think they were forgotten.  Loren called today to chat. He has been diagnosed with sleep apnea, and is taking steps to have someone else pay for his $2500 c-pap machine.  He had paid privately for the assessment, and is hoping to get that back too.  He was describing the asssessment, which I gather took place in his own home.  All of the tubes and wires didn't cause too much problem, but the cat playing with the wires did!  He has had an idea about this for awhile, so I'm glad he's been looking into it.  It's easy for the sufferer to pass it off, but it can be fatal.  He's having some work done on his house.  The children's bedroom windows need to be bigger to accomodate bigger bodies, for safety, as they grow up.  I think Loren is starting to find dealing with teenagers "interesting", but he had some idea of what to expect from his former job.

I've been busy in the studio, but today was a painting class.  I have one more, in this session, but have decided not to go back after Christmas.  There are just too many deadlines looming, and I never want to find myself fighting to meet a deadline again.  I see the doctor on Friday.  Over the past while, I've been trying to stay away from salt--and, boy, do I ever miss it.  But I've also found that my appetite is less now that I'm avoiding caffeine.  So, I'm fairly comfortable going in. Sometimes, I dread the process, but I believe I'm in pretty good shape, this time.

I checked the recipe, Beth, and I forgot to write in the "do not substitute".  It should have been there.  We've both had cravings for chocolate chip cookies, and bought a whole kilogram of chocolate chips, only to find that they're quite old.  Not really very good to eat by the handful, so we may have to actually use them in cookies.  I got my e-mail from Kraft today, and there is a recipe for Nanaimo Bar Cheese cake.  Now, I ask you, what could possible be better than that?!?  Even Sex in a Pan doesn't quite measure up to Nanaimo Bar cheesecake!

Well, bedtime.  For today I'm grateful for having children who still talk to me about their lives, and considering how strict I'm being about my dieting right now, I'm grateful for even the concept of Nanaimo Bar Cheesecake.

No comments:

Post a Comment