Friday, December 2, 2011

Mince meat tarts

What a nice message to read as I log on this evening. Thank you for the support. Today I created another "treasure of pleasure" and made mince meat tarts. I used Selection brand mince meat – can't find the old favourite Cross and Blackwell (?) nor the Maple Leaf so this was the next available. The pastry was also very nice made with Tenderflake. I have wanted to make some for a few years now and it seemed quite appropriate and  timely to do it today. I even had a notion to make some Cheese and Lemon Tarts but have resisted for the sake of my waist line haha. I will only eat them all and as it is, I have already had about four mince meat tarts today. Fairly good day with many little odds and ends accomplished around the house and yard. I connected the outside lights to an extension cord and so there was some colour tonight outside, and I put up an electric candle wreath on the wall by the piano so there was also some colour inside. Ho hum......Tomorrow we will be going to Mothers early to try to clean out the garage a bit more – what a lot of stuff to go through and many trips to the dump as well. Harry's brother is now planning to come next Wed so hopefully he can assist Harry a bit more?  Here's wishing you all a happy weekend. ps love your 12" X 12" challenge piece Patty that you posted on Mouse Factory.  It was bright and colourful and very cheerful!

No comments:

Post a Comment