Tuesday, April 17, 2012

and the beat goes on....

Life happens.  The quilt show was a mixed blessing.  I blogged about it on the other blog, and boy(!) did I ever get responses--as many through direct e-mail as I did comments on the blog!  It was interesting to get comments from people whose blogs I bookmark because I admire them and their work so much.
But mounting the Canadian Content exhibit was wonderful and the feedback very, very gratifying.  And I sold my piece in the show.  She has agreed to let it stay with the show until the show is retired, so I don't get paid until it is delivered, but she is someone I have dealt with before and trust.

And, of course, I'm exhausted.  I must have overdone it with my poor pinkie finger.  I changed the splint on Saturday, but he splints I was given at Misericordia are worn out and I was forced to use a piece of the Alumafoam I bought.  The foam on that is not very good.  The one time I tried it, a few weeks ago, my skin got red and sore, and this time I knew within 36 hours that I was in trouble.  It was very red/purple, and swollen, and I could see that the surface of the skin was breaking down.  So we got a new piece and put it on the other side of the finger, before bed last night.  The position isn't great, but the skin is a little better looking this morning.  I tried to call my therapist this morning, but she is on holiday, so I'm on my own for now.  Neither David nor I are feeling good about how this is playing out.

But after my stitchery group get-together this afternoon, I have a whole week ahead of me to work in the studio--and maybe catchup with housework. (Maybe--)

No comments:

Post a Comment