Saturday, April 7, 2012

this and that

This has been a quiet week, as many of them are.  Most of it has been spent in the studio.  The piece I have been working so hard on, over the past couple of months, just didn't work out.  So I've been taking a few days off, and just playing, not something I often do.   We have had no appointments, and have just been sticking close to home.  This means that I read and sew. The  weather hase been weird, but usually with wind, so bicycle riding has been infrequent.

Since I had my eyes done, I've had to wear dark glasses whenever I go outside.  I've been using the pair that we bought in Kenora, last time you were here, Beth.  Quite awhile ago, and I think we paid $7.00 for them.  They sure don't owe me anything, but last week one of the arms broke.  David glued it together, and I'm using them again, but see the writing on the wall, so bought two more pair at Dollarama.  One of them is wrap around like the old pair, so I tried that first.  For some reason they make everything appear cloudy, so those are "no go", and the others aren't wrap around, so I'm back to the mended pair.

David did our taxes.  It took two very long days, and we ran into trouble right at the end.  Couldn't get hold of Amber, so ended up on the trouble line at the Tax dept.  It was almost a pleasant experience.  The lady was very patient and had a sense of humor.  We ended up laughing quite a bit, but in the end got them filed.  Hopefully they were done right, but there is no penalty for errors, as long as we file.  If everything is okay, we will both be buying new footwear, and not before it's time.

Both Loren and Amber will be over for supper tomorrow, and Amber has said that she will bring her children.  I look forward to that, even if it means cleaning the house. Then on Monday, my Ravenesque group is out to Steinbach.  This may prove a challenge as none of us has been out since Dianne moved and no-one knows where she is living.

The rhubarb is leafing out and there are signs of life in some of the peonies, even in one of the clumps of Ladyslippers.  Even the nanking cherries are showing buds.  The forecast for tomorrow is snow.  Figures.

I hope everyone has a great holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment