Monday, April 16, 2012

Hockey, anyone??

What else is on the TV these days but hockey. On CBC that is, and I really should be happy to be getting CBC right now as come the summer I shall lose the analogue connection. The recent funding cuts from the federal budget means the CBC is terminating all rural access other than digital in July instead of a few years down the road. So that will give us one channel only – CTV. I also heard that some of my favourite CBC radio shows have also been cancelled. My old cat is acting a bit strange today and not that I am on death watch, but I am aware that he is old and have prepared myself ( sort of) in case anything should happen. We also have a tremendous wind storm right now and it is really blowing in strong gusts. I have my eye on one rotten tree in the yard and hope it shall survive through this as just yesterday I contracted with a Tree Man to cut down five huge white maples and also this rotten one. It will cost me millions of dollars (really!!) but will be worth it as these trees have been a real problem for many years. Should be done within two weeks and I can hardly wait to see them gone. Harry was given an offer on the house so we met with the real estate lady today to prepare a counter offer as the buyers offer was very, very "low ball" (as the real estate lady labelled it) We may not hear back from this buyer but it was refreshing at least to have had the first offer. We also started the water testing and I took the first sample (of the required three) into the Health unit today. I actually got enough bottles so that we could do our own water testing as well. Hasn't been done at our place for a long time and with well water it should be done regularly. Glad you both survived your busy weekend activities as I heard from Cathy by phone and read about your weekend Patty on the blog. Tomorrow it is to North Bay and Wed I take my car in for change of tires etc. We also have to go to Huntsville to the Auction Barn to receive what little monies were made in the sale of some of the furnishings from Mothers – it will go in to the estate to be settled when all is said and done. So life carries on and all is well for now....take care

No comments:

Post a Comment