Saturday, April 14, 2012

It has come and gone once again...

Thank for all the greetings for my birthday. Whether one admits it or not, one really looks forward to the acknowledgements and loves to receive all the good wishes. I am no exception and I was not disappointed.
I had a good day and felt quite wonderful after all was said and done,  going to bed feeling very content. I walked down for the mail and purchased a Chai Latte at the little cafe and sat by the lake to sip at it – I was by myself ( NO dog) so it was a welcomed reflective pause for me. The rest of the day Scooby and I worked in the yard together – she doesn't quite have the knack of gathering leaves and putting them in the bag yet, but her company was welcome. A telephone call from Monique Evans, our old friends from Medicine Hat (they were in Victoria with us and you met them there) called me in the afternoon so I had a nice chat while sitting outside in the open air sipping on a beer that I had just opened. Actually yesterday was not to be a celebratory drinking day apparently as the one beer took three hours to consume, and the bottle of Black Tower Wine I had chilling in the fridge is still there unopened. Oh well, it can always be opened today, or tomorrow haha. I had two favourites for supper - I made smoked pork chop ( german dish called Kassler) and Aunty Lorraine's beets ( the sauce recipe she gave us) and as my treat another piece of cake that Harry bought for me!  I meet Aunt Ev and Lois at noon today for luncheon and shall really enjoy this outing. I'll tell you all about it later. Thinking about you both and your busy weekend and look forward to hearing all about that as well. Take care and have a good rest, both of you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment