Thursday, April 19, 2012

The deed is done.....

Two days to take the trees down but it is done now – all I have to do is clean up around the yard and put the tables / chairs / ornaments etc back in place. What a job – the men ( 2 of them) admitted to being worn out by the end of today and glad to be finished this job. I think they were very happy that I volunteered to clean up the little branches left in the neighbours yard and also to sweep and clean up in our yard.  They had a blower and went onto the roof and blew all the leaves and twigs off – good for me as I feared having to get up there to clean the eaves troughs so at least that is done for now. It will make a big difference in the amount of sunlight that will hit our yard now, and I am very hopeful that it will also make a difference in the accumulation of ice at the north side of the roof – this is where it builds up so thick and I think the trees and shade contributed to this. Time will tell this coming winter but then I will also be clearing the snow off the roof regularly so maybe it will be a mute point? It appears that the offer on Harry's Mothers house may be null and void now as the "buyer" will not go up anymore and counterbid to Harry's last price offer. Her bid was really too low and as much as Harry wants to get rid of the house, he is not willing to give it away.
I have been following the comments on your Mouse Factory Blog Patty and quite interesting – I never thought of looking at the comment section until you mentioned how many responses you had received – actually I didn't even know that I could access the comments section. I think it is great that you have a"following" because that indicates an interest and elicits positive constructive comments for you. So, do you think you might actually start a satellite group? Maybe too much trouble?
Anyway, I am bushed tonight and I am sure tomorrow will bring forth more heavy physical work in the yard so I should sign off. Hockey is just starting on the TV but I'm not sure I can not stay up to watch it all – time will tell. In meantime, take care

No comments:

Post a Comment