Tuesday, April 10, 2012

If you like snow...

It was a lovely day if you like snow! But not real nice weather to do anything outside. Maybe just as well to take a break for a day! We went to North Bay this morning and then I just stayed in this afternoon except for a walk with the dog down to the lake. On Saturday at noon I am meeting Aunt Evelyn and her daughter at a nice restaurant in Sundridge for lunch. She invited both Harry and I but Harry has declined, whereas I am looking forward to going. This daughter lives down south and is visiting her Mother for the weekend including going down to their family cottages on Sat to clean the flower gardens. The cottages are located on Eagle Lake outside South River which is the next little town from Sundridge so they will meet me first for lunch and then head to the cottages.  It will be a very busy weekend for you Patty so I shall be sending you lots of energy vibes. I remember working at one of those shows, so can just imagine the mad rush. That was where we ran into Aleda deWolf and I did not really recognize her. Is she still involved with the Guild – she was friends with Wanda, right? I'm buying all sorts of Lotto Max tickets at different stores for the draw this Friday "Friday the Thirteenth" as I think we shall be lucky and come out the other side as millionaires! So don't be surprised if I call you with the good news (fingers crossed everyone?) I bought one each in two locations in North Bay today, and shall go to my local store tomorrow and buy another. Maybe this change in tactics will make the difference. Still comes out to buying a total of three tickets as I always do, but this time separately and not all on the one slip. I think this is all a bunch of silliness but one has to have fun somehow, right? I had an urge for some Kraft Dinner tonight and lucky for me, had one box in the cupboard to satisfy my need. Every so often I get this craving for the stuff and then I'm good for a long time. Well, time to light the fires in the greenhouses and go to bed. Hopefully this poor weather will improve by tomorrow and I can get outside again – I found a little bit of rhubarb from the old patch I had at the back of the garden yesterday – poor little sprouts trying to grow through a layer of dead leaves which I quickly raked away. This patch never produced and was left for a few years overlooked so maybe it has decided to come back to life? We have another bed coming up that Harry transplanted from his Mothers place that should produce for us this year – I always look forward to fresh rhubarb, and fresh rhubarb pie. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment