Thursday, April 5, 2012

Happy Hoppy weekend to you

Hard to believe that Easter is upon us this weekend. It seems only  a while ago I was enjoying my pancakes on Pancake Day Tuesday and thinking about Lent. The other aspect of this weekend for us is that we do not have to do the catering again at Mothers for the rest of the family as we have done every other year! Yahhh. We plan instead to spend the time here at home and I have a BBQ on the menu for at least one day or maybe more. The skies are supposed to be clear and sunny straight through although a bit coldish at night still. Today we headed to North Bay early and it was too early to turn off the heaters in the greenhouses but after a day of sunshine, when we got home the poor plants were weeping badly. So another hour was spent watering and fixing things up. Now after I write this note, and before I can go to bed, I have to go out again and fire up the heaters. And it is only April 5 which means a few more months before things can actually be planted. The neighbour is building a fence and he borrowed a tractor to dig the post holes – he told me tonight that there is still a foot of frost in the ground. The other aspect of greenhouses and plants is that each day soon we must carry them all outside during the day to harden down, and I can tell you that takes a couple of hours out, and then repeat that at night time to tuck them all away again. I chalk it up to good exercise and it gets me out of the house and busy. Maybe that will mean the time will seem shorter until I can jump in the car and head west???? Dream along with me, etc etc.  So I wish you all a Happy Easter and enjoy family and friends and a good meal or two with lots of goodies to eat! I bought a package of Hot Cross buns today and plan to have a couple toasted in the morning tomorrow for Good Friday along with my coffee. There was a time when I actually baked my own at Easter but it is so much easier to open a package instead haha Take care all.

No comments:

Post a Comment