Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sharing

I seem to be dopey today as well.  Slept in until almost 9:00 and then was ready for a nap by noon.  Tried to get some work done this afternoon in the studio, but didn't think my brain could cope with anything too demanding.  So I started to put together a UFO and get it ready for quilting.  Carefully pieced some batting scraps ( after all it is a UFO), cut and pressed the backing fabric and got out the spray adhesive. Shook it well, aimed it toward the backing fabric and hit the button.  The spray nozzle flew off and, in the process,  sprayed both of my hands--well--so well that when I closed my hands they stuck together.  Now this stuff is very good adhesive.  I tried to clean it off with waterless hand cleaner--no go.  Then I came upstairs and tried my St. Ives Apricot Scrub.  Which worked a little bit, so tried it again, and again a little bit more came off.  But my fingers are still sticking together whenever they touch, and anything else I touch sticks, be it a towel or toilet paper.  And I'm doing this with my right pinkie stuck up in the air to keep the splint dry, except it, too, had been sprayed.  So I realize that my splint is now quite wet and about to fall off. David helped me change it ( it did fall off while we were trying to get the tape off), but there is still residue adhesive on the palm of my right and and between the fingers.  So he bravely tells me that it will wear off.  Back down stairs to try to  do the actual quilting.  everything is sticking to me.  What fun!

Today I'm grateful for David, who came to my rescue, and took over most of making supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment