Saturday, April 21, 2012

Saturday, at last

I don't know why I am excited that it is Saturday.  There is still lots of stuff to do, but at least it is my stuff.  Jim had me drive him to Minnedosa for meat draw last night.  His friend Stef had 2 tires for the van.  It turned out to be Stef's birthday, too.  Jim won meat on the first draw, and I won 2 free drinks on the last draw.  Since I was driving, the guys got the drinks.  Today we are going to have Chinese for supper.  We have not had it in a while, and since yesterday was payday I decided to splurge.  I have to go out next Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, so next week is just about shot, too.Monday is ACTFest, and Wednesday is Roxy.  The Roxy is fundraising for a new screen because all film releases are going to be digital.  The problem is that if they get the screen they want, the Roxy can no longer be used for performances.  That is going to be a problem. Whitemud is going with a number of ideas for what can be done to make it work for everyone.  Tuesday is a fun evening.  There is a drum circle at VCC and I am going.  There is my life in a nutshell.   I don't get a tax refund, so I can't spend it.  But that is okay.  Jim hardly has to pay anything this year.  That is a bonus.  We woke up this morning to snow covered ground and snow falling down.  The sun is trying to come out now, so iit should melt away (I hope)  We are dog sitting for Rodney & Kristy this weekend, so we went over this morning and got to meet the new puppies.  Our dogs sure checked me out when we got home!  Now I get to go grocery shopping.  At least I had breakfast, so I won't be impulse buying because of hunger.  Today I am grateful just for life

No comments:

Post a Comment