Friday, April 20, 2012

Whe-e-ew!

We got our tax refunds yesterday and went out and made all of the bank arrangements necessary, so were able to spend today---spending.    Started at Lee Valley, out near Polo Park, and bought 8 (count 'em-8) Rare Earth Magnets, and three more sets of bead storage jars.  Then it was off to Michaels for a handful of fish-type charms for my latest project.  Around the city in terrible traffic to St. Vital Centre where David bought a new razor ( Hurray!!), and I got a small bottle of OTC sleeping pills. We had lunch at the food court and I bought a magazine. Checked Mark's to see if they had a lightweight jacket for David, but no.  Then off to Mark's on Regent where David found the jacket he wanted. A quick trip into Best Buy for new speakers for the desk top computer. Then I got my haircut.
I wouldn't be surprised if we spent more on gas than shopping. But that was our big day, and we're both exhausted.  Today I'm grateful for tax refunds.

No comments:

Post a Comment