Saturday, April 21, 2012

Very uplifting message for me to read this morning...

Thanks Patty for the message – it made me feel good and lifted me out of a "little" funk I'm in this morning. It helped I think because I could relate so clearly with what you did. We got Harry's refund this week as well and although it helped to cover my required tax payment, and partially pay for the tree removal, I did go shopping for underwear and even that was great. My funk is the weather – what a difference a day makes. Yesterday it became cold and rainy and snowy and windy and although we didn't get inches of snow, like North Bay, it put me into a sort of holding pattern, and that's never good. Perhaps I am addicted to going outside and working???haha  Harry headed up to North Bay this morning for the annual dump your junk on the curb day and someone will drive by and pick it up. I did not want to go and held my ground but likely will soon regret that too! I am catching up with house work this morning best I can. I actually did all the accumulated ironing yesterday and as I don't mind ironing, it was a job badly needing doing and is now done until it starts to pile up again. Harry made curry beef yesterday and enough rice for me to also make rice pudding which I did. I admit I love it and especially now that I have a double boiler to make it in, but there is still another meal of rice left over so maybe fried rice will be on the menu for tonight? And by coincidence the night before I made salmon ball casserole from Cathy's recipe which is a favourite but also contains rice so certainly getting my share of that item. Anyway, time to check the wash and get on with more work. Have a good weekend folks, and take care

No comments:

Post a Comment