Thursday, April 26, 2012

Same thoughts as you...

Today I paid bills and reconciled the books only to realize that May isn't even here and yet, where is the money???? April 26 was a target date for me to finally see the pensions posted so that I could spend it again on bills eg property taxes due But you are right Patty, May is a long month and I don't see much $$ left to work with. I guess that means we will definitely win the lottery soon, OK? I had lunch with my friend Sue yesterday as planned, and enjoyed a bit of time to relax and visit. She does most of the talking probably because she has a very active family life and many friends with whom she visits frequently for coffee or lunches. Totally different life style, as I have mentioned to you before, but I still like to have my lunches with her. I just came in from lighting the fires in the greenhouses, and it was blowing wildly, with snow flakes flying around and around so much you would think it was the middle of winter. The forecast calls for milder day temps ( 10 to 12) over the weekend but night lows are still in the minus 6, and minus 7 range. I worked in the little greenhouse this morning trying to organize the plants to accommodate very tall blossoming tomatoes and marigolds. All the short marigolds are in full flower and when you enter the greenhouse you are presented with a most fragrant smell. The sweet peas are already outside in their pots but under a cloth draped table right now because of the poor weather. We made our usual trek to Mothers this afternoon to check the house – takes only a minute to look around and then check the mailbox at the post office and then home again but it has to be done. Guess what I am watching on TV as I write this message – right – hockey! The seventh game between Ottawa and New York and wouldn't you know it, the Rangers have scored two goals already – does not bode well for Canada! We had a full meal at lunch time because Harry made curry this morning and I made a loaf of rye bread in the machine. So for tonight at supper since Harry declined anything, I made some peskies for myself, and thoroughly enjoyed the peskie little things! Great idea to spoil oneself once in awhile. Oh, how exciting, as Ottawa just scored a goal. Maybe they can still pull this one "out of the bag" So with this exciting news, and most exciting message in general, I shall sign off, and wish you all good night. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment