Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Another adventure

I tried to buy a sweater last Friday, out of a Pennington's catalogue I received in the mail.  The local store didn't know anything about the catalogue, or the sweater, although " it might be in the forty boxes of stock we haven't unpacked yet.  Maybe come back next week".  So David started calling around to other stores and found out that the store on McPhillips had the catalogue and were sure the sweater was in the stock that would be unpacked and on the floor by Tuesday.  We phoned early this morning and were assured that the sweater was there, in the colour I wanted, and they would put away one in my size until the end of business today. So off we went.  Couldn't find the store, although I had the address, and knew the cross street.  Just couldn't find it,---- until we realized we were on Main St, not McPhillips.  Once that was sorted out, and after a couple of crazy U-turns, we finally found our store.  And they had pants on sale as well.  I made my choices and was getting my jacket on  to pay, when a lady pushed out a piled-high grocery cart full of new merchandise and on top were more sweaters--and in different colours!  So I ended up getting a lovely magenta/dark grey sweater instead of the scarlet/grey one I had first seen. And pair of black, "dressier" jeans.  So I have my Christmas outfit for this year.  The difference in customer service between the two stores shocked me.  While I had been in the dressing room, David had talked with the clerk, who knew exactly which store it had been that caused us problems, and volunteered that they were picking up quite  few customers from there recently.

Then it was to the artists' store for watercolour paint, then the bakery, and finally to WalMart for some general health & beauty supplies.  But wait--not only is the parking lot an total maze/confusing construction mess--so is the inside of the store.  They are converting to a "Super Centre", and have been all summer (for some reason this requires a traffic circle to be installed in the middle of the parking lot, as well as blocking off half the of the parking lot for construction trailers and vehicles.  Total chaos!) Anyway, trying to find anything was next to impossible, but we persevered.

All I can say is that I'm grateful that is over and grateful to be home.  With luck I won't have to leave again for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment