Sunday, November 25, 2012

Skating again

Just returned from another outing of skating at the arena. This time there were many others there so it made for a nicer skate for me to have people around and not to be the only person on the ice. If I try to go every Sunday and get into the habit, then it would be a true activity for me to enjoy. I was doing the dishes at 12:45 and looked at the clock to decide should I go, or should I not. It would be too easy to let it go, but I was determined so in spite of not really feeling like it, off I went and truly glad I did! There was a person there from Sundridge who used to play in the NHL and he was doing fabulous turns and ins and outs, and circles and then came beside me to say it was good I was getting some exercise. I often go past his house with the dog. His wife's father, also from Sundridge, played in the NHL and just last week was honoured in Toronto by having a street named in his honour Ron Attwell Drive. There was a big writeup and pictures of him with the Mayor Rob Ford.in the local newspaper about it. There is actually many ex NHLers from Sundridge and of course, the town plays that aspect up when advertising anything. Been a very hectic week - plumbing problems that I told you about, then HArry's windshield shattered, and yesterday I had to take the old cat to the Vet ( at emergency / weekend rates of course) as it was in severe pain and crying out trying to go to the bathroom. The Vet gave him a really good physical assessement and then an enema and told me to give it corn syrup for a few days. Have you ever tried to give a cat cornsyrup?? He also wants to see us back for an appt to take blood work because the cat has lost a lot of weight and his teeth are in bad condition which may be causing him not to eat properly.Tomorrow we are making a flying trip to Kirkland LAke to take Harry's brother some woodworking patterns that we made a special trip the other day to buy from a fellow in Powassa. This is the woodwork pictures you see with little pieces of shaped wood put together into a picture eg bird, or cat, or lighthouse etc. It is called Intarsia. The patterns were very expensive but his brother had heard about this man who was selling out and we looked up his whereabouts and visited his home workshop and we got a bit of a discount and bought 27 of them.Harry had some other boxes of stuff to take anyway so off we go in the morning. We have to take my little car (we don't get windshield fixed until Tuesday) so we cannot take the dog- therefore it will be a really quick trip -  3 &1/2 to 4 hour trip one way so the hours will add up! And that has been a bit of my week and hope you folks have had a better time of it??? We have snow here now and temps are really a lot colder than the double digits of last week. A bit of a shock actually haha Grey Cup is on today and since I won't get to see it, I can only visualize all of you glued to the TVs. The one channel we have does not broadcast many sports (CTV) Take care all.

No comments:

Post a Comment