Friday, November 9, 2012

Galivanting

I think the reason I report on my galivanting is  because  an out trip is a "big deal" in our very quiet lives.  One of my goals is to find ways to encourage these small excursions, just a a means of combating cabin fever.  There have been stories in the paper recently about the amount of cloudy/grey time we have had recently, and the effect on those with Seasonal Affective Disorder.  I think this can affect anyone, even if some feel it more deeply.

Today I have to take some cheques over to the treasurer of an group I belong to.  She lives on Bartlet Ave, and has been quite worried that I wouldn't be able to find it.  I have re-assured her, by reminding her that I had been there once before.  Then we may head for the mall to start Christmas shopping.  Loren popped in Tuesday to  pick up his chickens, and those pictures you sent, Beth.  We talked a bit about what gifts his children might like, and I think I need to shop early.

This artists' group have a workshop planned for tomorrow, and I had volunteered to act as registrar.  Unfortunately the group chair has had other things on her mind, right now, and I ended up acting as liaison with the teacher, and sorting out things such as the forecast for heavy snow tomorrow.  The teacher is driving in from Gimli, and is quite concerned.  We have agreed to make the final decision later today, but the forecasts remain poor, and I think I'm going to have to find an alternative date for the class.  It will have to be at the art group building, a public seniors centre, and they really think I'm going to find a Saturday before the  the year??

Actually a craft sale and tea sound quite fine, especially if I don't have to make the tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment