Friday, November 2, 2012

Christmas budget

We, too, have been working on our Christmas budget.  It's almost deflating to reach the stage in life when your Christmas budget just needs a little dickering of your monthly budget--not a concerted effort over 6 months.  We have also been trying to see if we can plan a trip to Mahnomen for our anniversary.  Unfortunately, our anniversary falls on a Friday this year and our coupons are no good.  David called to find out what a room would cost without them and it's over $100.  So much for that idea. But when I think about it, we have absolutely no other reason to travel that far.  I have no need to shop, and Giselle's give a better pedicure.  And Heaven knows I have no desire to sit in a car for that long.

I can't promise to be able to post any more pictures, as the camera is still an issue.  I plan to go through the ones I have that you took, Beth.  I have an idea for a hanging using wind turbines as a focus.  I'm not sure how it's going to work out, but David took me out yesterday and bought me special (black) batting to use for it, so I have to pursue it now.

Time hangs heavy on us, so we've been watching more reality shows.  What crap!  But I think we may be in a position to start our Christmas baking.  I haven't planned much but hope we get some shortbread done.  We usually have it done by the beginning of October, and I bought the supplies, so don't have much choice there either.  The other option I have to keep busy and off the streets is housework.  No contest!

No comments:

Post a Comment