Saturday, November 3, 2012

I will get back into the blog one of these days, but until then it will have to be email. We had the wine tasting last weekend. Right up until the last minute we had no idea if people would come. In the end we had about 75 "tasters" There were 8 tables with about 4 or 5 wines at each. I didn't get to taste them all, but I tried some. I found myself enjoying some red wines and I have never thought of myself as a red wine drinker. I also tried some whites that I detested. I does seem rather wasteful to throw wine away, but that was expected of you. Hopefully they didn't realise that I was tossing it because I hated it and not because I was rinsing for my next taste. We had asked for donations from the 3 major stores in town of fruit and cheese trays. We ended up with 1 veggie tray, 2 meat trays and one cheese tray. Kristy, Don & I spent time in the kitchen rearranging everything. We rolled the salami to make it look like more and used most of the ham in roll-ups that we were making into pin-wheels. We had more cheese and grapes so we made our own trays. Most of the food went, except some salami & cheese. (and not much of that was left) Kristy and I were just winging it when we made the pin-wheel appetisers, but people devoured them. It only ran from 7 to 9 pm, so we were cleaned up by about 10:15. We had to get everything out because there was a church meeting there the next morning. I wonder how they felt about the 4 cases of empty wine bottles we left in the kitchen? Yesterday the snow came. White outs on the highway, cars in ditches. I'm afraid it is going to stay now. Of course we aren't ready. We were still sitting at the patio table last weekend. Now we have to clean the snow off it and the chairs to take them to the quonset. And we can't take them to the quonset until we get the pool out. It has to go to the garage to thaw out so we can fold it and put it away. I have a week off work coming up. Maybe I will do some work then. I better, because I think the office party is here on Nov 17th. (by default... I didn't say no before everyone else did). Now we have to go to town to buy yet another bag of dog food. They sure eat a lot. Have a great day

No comments:

Post a Comment