Friday, November 30, 2012

Yes, time is moving quickly

I have to wonder if it's the time of year or the time of life.  Our little tree went up today.  It's just a little 3 footer, that I've often put up on the table just outside the kitchen door.  But that means that I can't sit in my regular seat to watch tv, as there is no longer any light there.  For some reason, this year, I seem to be "nesting' a bit more than usual, and have been spending a little more time in the evenings watching tv--not that there is anything really worth watching, although tonight I found a short biography of the Marquis de Sade. Perfect,  since this week I abandoned my usual murder mysteries at the library, just not wanting to deal with any more "blood and guts" for awhile. The other library book I found, this week,  was a biography of Mick Jagger.  We'll see how far I get into it.

Anyway, the tree went up on a tv table between the tv, and the clock.  I think it will be fine there.
Three of our lights have gone in the last week.  Two of them just needed new tri-light bulbs, ( and try to find those in the stores these days!), but one needed a whole new wall switch. With the weird, weird wiring in this house, David had a terrible time making the change, it took a few hours, but he got it done!  And then a few hours later we realized that he had thrown the breaker for the furnace while trying to sort out the breaker for the light, and it hadn't been turned back on again.  Got a little chilly around here for awhile, but I'm impressed at how long the house will hold the heat.

I would like to think my brain is starting to get back in gear, after 6 weeks of stupid days, but it's not happening quickly.  I've reached the point of having  insight, but not yet reached the point of having incentive/motivation to take action.  It isn't that bad, when you can just sit back and let life roll over and around you--very seductive!  Not good for you, though, and even worse for those around you, so I've started to make lists again of things I must do, as soon as I can find the energy, and actually tacked a couple of them. So there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I bought a new purse.  This one is bright blue,with dark blue polka dots, and lots of hardware.  A change from my usual  red or pink.  But today I found that the tail of my dragon key chain gets caught in the chain handle. The old red one gets put back in the cupboard, yet again.  I buy these things and use them until they break down in some way.  Then out comes that old red one, until the "right" new one gets found.  I've been using that red one for years--it will never wear out and have to be put in my coffin, when the time comes.

Some of my Christmas shopping is done, but I refuse to try to shop on weekends.  I also have started to refuse to try to go out on weekends. Regent and Lagimodiere is always busy, but in November and December it is just insane.  I actually got to go out driving today, despite the snow and sloppy weather. I survived, and am quite proud of myself.

For today, I am grateful for prune juice, and I'm grateful for a sale I found at the fabric store.  A fine day!







No comments:

Post a Comment