Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The wine speaks

Only because I couldn't remember the Latin phrase about truth being found in wine.  Yes, I'm having a good evening.  The latest batch is just right, and I have been enjoying it.  David hasn't been feeling well today, and has gone to bed, but I have had a good nap and now some wine.  "Nuff said.  I played poker for the first time in awhile, and actually won a tournament.  This is the first money in quite awhile--I was down over $12,000 (play money).  Maybe I should drink wine, while I play more often.

I have finished putting together the stock for my next sale, which is in May.  I'm still working on the design for my next major piece, so have been puttering around.  I pulled out the supplies for a series of small purses that I had planned as Christmas gifts.  Beth knows about these, but you may not Cathy.  This is a pattern and some kits that I bought while we were in the States last summer.  I made a couple of prototypes, which I gave to Jessica and  Samantha, but had planned to make up more.  I'm re-considering this. They have turned out to be a PITA to make, and the result is generally useless, unless you want a pencil case.  So, unless you let me know that this is something you really, really want, I am going to forget the whole idea.

Otherwise, life goes on. I have needed a new housecoat.  The old one is getting quite rough and "pilled".  Considering how often I wear it, it doesn't owe me anything.  We decided to start looking and found exactly what I want, at a good price, while we were out today.  I also found a casual jacket for 50% off the sale price--under $20.00.  Bonus!

I made the crock pot Beef Stroganov from the Kraft recipes.  Not bad, but not great either.  It could have cooked a little longer, but I don't  think I will bother making it again.  We have been eating a lot of beef lately.  Not good, so I will have to go back to the chicken and fish for awhile  (Yeah, sure!  David won't eat any fish other than Salmon loaf,  once in awhile.)  But we have been eating better, only because I have to eat so much in the way of fruit and vegetables, right now.

So, just checking in.  Hope everyone is fine--skating and attending meetings.  I have an art workshop on Saturday, which will be my first whole day away from home.  Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment