Sunday, November 11, 2012

Well, we had our first real winter storm this weekend. It was supposed to start on Friday, but by Friday night there was nothing. I bought all the important things to tide me over a storm stay.... licorice allsorts, jellie bellies, chips and taco chips. Obviously I couldn't let them go to waste even if it didn't storm. I should have waited a while. Saturday we had snow, but it stopped by early afternoon. Jim and I went to the Legion Banquet. We would have gone anyway, unless the road was closed. It was running late and dinner didn't start until after 7 pm. (an hour late) They had the Ladies Auxilliary 80th anniversary cake for dessert, so there had to be the ceremonial cutting and then it had to be served so there were no speeches until after that. It was so hot and stuffy that I went out for air and discovered that the storm had finally hit our area. Everything was covered and the wind was blowing. I went back in to warn Jim (they were still cutting and serving the cake). My headache was worse by then, but Jim had to stay to receive his 45 year pin. I ended up downstairs and missed all the presentations. Rrain had left much earlier and phoned back to say the roads were getting pretty bad. Lots of fun. My earache is almost better. This is the last day of the antibiotics. Between the antibiotics and anti-inflamitories I managed to collect some side effects. One killed my appetite, but the other needed to be taken with food. Between the nausea and the runs I actually lost some weight. Now to keep it off as my appetite increases. I tried putting my ear plugs in again last night to shut out the teeth grinding, but I woke up in a couple of hours with the side of my face hurting, so I guess the earache isn't all better. Our Loving well trained dog must be getting a tooth, because she has started chewing on things again. Her favourite is plastic wine glasses, but on thursday she stole my shoe and ate the insoles, and on Friday night, she ate the remote control for our PVR, again. We bought another, again, but this time we bought the $40 instead of the $60. I am so glad that Jim took it upon himself to train the dogs. This is my housecleaning week, and as you can see I am procrastinating. I am going to ease into it and do the easy rooms first and then move on to the ones I am avoiding. Jim has offered to do most of the basement except where the pantry is. that will help a lot. I have the kitchen, bathroom, bedroom (I know I will fit those cloths one day room) and the office (the I don't know where it goes put it in the office room) I think the last two may take at least a day each, if not more. I have a meeting on Wednesday night (teleconference) and my writing class on Thursday night. Beyond that I have to force myself to get this house clean. I know that if I break it down into rooms again, it won't be so overwhelming. I keep thinking "I just did this last year. Why do I have to do it again?" On the other hand, I don't have to go to work. Patty (at work) has already warned me that she will be taking a mental health day when I get back. Too bad the government doesn't offer them. Have a great week.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, a very interesting post. Good reading :D Where is the subscibe button? :D
    How to cure an earache

    ReplyDelete