Thursday, November 22, 2012

Crazy week so far..

..I wish it were the "wine speaking" but I haven't had anything! You know how I hate anything related to water issues in the house - like last spring when I had to tear apart the bathroom wall to access a leaky pipe - fortunately Harry was able to fix that pipe with a new pipe and joint. But for last few weeks the pump has being activated more and more frequently and try as I could I could not diagnose the problem. Finally over the weekend the pump was coming on every ten to twenty minutes and I could only lay in bed and time it - no sleeping - just looking at the clock. So Monday morning I cleaned up a bit around the pump and hot water tank, and made a bit of a path from back door to under the stairs and made the call to the plumber. He came in the later morning to assess my problem - of course, I was feeling terrible because of the mess but swallowed my pride and forged ahead best I could. The hot water tank was leaking and a few of the copper pipes so we proceeded with ordering a new tank and he directed me what to do in meantime if the problems exacerbated until Wed when he would come to fix. Wed the new tank was installed - they use plastic tubing now - no more copper.But the gauge on the holding tank kept dropping so he had to check for other leaks. I quickly cleared away in the downstairs bathroom and sure enough there was a constant noise in the toilet indicating that water was flowing. We have not used this toilet for maybe ten or more years and I thought it was turned off but apparently not - the valve was open enough and the water in the tank was just overflowing into the overflow tube. So a new valve was installed in there as well. To make a long story shorter, the issue seems to be rectified. I can expect the bill in the mail as he said he had to calculate it and would mail it to me. That will be interesting haha. I had to go up to North Bay Tuesday - Harry not feeling well so I went on my own to do a few chores and to pick up two CDs Harry had won on the radio. It turned out that one of the CDs was not that at all, but instead two tickets to see a live performance at the Capital Centre Wed night. So after the plumber left Wed we headed up to North BAy - Harry, feeling better, wanted to eat at the Kings Buffet again - it was a terrible meal - cold and awful. Never again I say! But visited Mike for a bit and then to the Centre. I was so tired I really did not want to be there but the show was OK and in the end glad to get out I guess. So it is early morning Thursday and I am planning my day - I think I will actually be able to do some baking - I have taken out a pound of butter three times now only to have to put it back because plans were interrupted. Maybe today will allow me a bit of latitude? And the poor dog has missed out on her usual long walks morning and night so I owe her a walk. Hoping things will settle down a bit now and we can get through the rest of the week unscathed?? Also during all my plumbing consulataions, an old friend telephoned - haven't heard from her for over two years. They live in Petawawa but we met them while in Victoria. She went on and on about their activities and family etc and then said they were going on a world cruise Jan to May 2014 and would we think about joining them. Say what?? It provided me with a silent and private bit of comic relief but quickly responded that it probably wouldn't be likely that we would be able to get away. Do other people actually have such lives? Lots to think about while I have another cup of coffee and kick start my day. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment