Sunday, November 18, 2012

So much talk about food....

and I am just as bad, with looking at new recipes, and trying some weird stuff. Glad you had a good party Cathy, and by sounds of it wasn't too much stress for you? How much in way of leftovers did you have? I tried a recipe for Magic Holiday Brioches - Salty Brick Cheese Brioche It had a beautiful full page picture of these buns along with the recipe so I was hooked. Yeast dough rolled up with a filling of alfredo sauce, parsely and shredded cheese. The recipe also called for bacon bits but since I don't like those, I left them out.  Very tasty but after eating four of them, a bit much!!
Skating this afternoon - great time for me as it is the first for this season. I walked over to the arena and put on my skates and out onto the ice I went - it is called public skating but I was the only one there for about 20 minutes - just me skating around in circles trying not to fall. Finally a few families came in but by then I was worn out and knew that if I did any more I would be really sore tomorrow.It felt so good to get some exercise and just plain get out! Not much new around here but I have been thinking about starting Christmas prep soon. My Maplewood Christmas castus is flowering finally. When I brought all the plants inside for the winter all the other cactus burst out in bloom except the Maplewood one so I was feeling a bit sad, but upon closer look today, there are many buds coming. I have babied that plant for so many years without it even growing much until about three years ago when it finally bloomed for the first time. Now it has grown bigger and obviously will bloom every year I hope. Mike came to Sundridge the other day to pick up his little freezer we had in storage because he is getting a bit of venison from his hunting excursion. The group has invited him to come back next year so I am very pleased that he has found a good group to be with and that he will have a place with them. I guess it is hard to get into it. Well, the night is closing in, and just thankful I had chance to get onto the blog - haven't been able to acces for a few days. And Cathy, I do buy lottery tickets faithfully but apparently, not the right ones haha Wouldn't it be lovely to get ahold of some of that cash! Weather has been great lately - sunny and mild, so I wonder when that will all change - it has been too much of a good thing for too long! Look out winter..... Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment