Sunday, November 18, 2012

Holidays are over, so sad. We had our office party last night. Lots of food. Nobody played any games though. We had cards, and board games, but everyone just visited. Shirley's husband didn't make it. There was a retirement (read that you are laid off but we will let you retire so that our statistics don't reflect all the massive lay offs we have had) function at Riding Mountain Park that he had to give speeches at. Everyone else was here. Two different salads, a brownie cake, some really good cheese dip things (one baked brie, asagio? cheese dip, and some kind of cheese ball that could have doubled as a cheesecake (really good) plus turkey, mashed potatoes, a veggie casserole pickles, olives, buns............. I do so love my food. I got a call at 2am Saturday morning from what I thought was the security at the office (if the alarm goes they phone someone local) turns out it was a techie who had called security and they had given him my number as a contact. They hadn't been able to contact our server in 3 hours and said some switch need to be flipped?!? My intelligent response was "Huh?" I told him that I could go in and look, but I wouldn't know what I was looking for. I also told him that he could call me a noon on a workday and I still wouldn't know what to look for. He said he would come out and check on it (from Winnipeg at 2am??) Anyway, he was worried that the server being down would affect the people working on the weekend. I told him there would be no one there until I got in at 8am on Monday, so we both ended up happy. He didn't have to come to Neepawa in the middle of the night and I got to go back to bed instead of heading to town. He left a notice to check on Monday and he told me if the server was still down on Monday I wouldn't have to do any work anyway, so I thanked him very nicely. Wednesday is the VCC AGM and next Saturday is the VCC craft sale, Sunday we do our annual reading of Dickens' "A Christmas Carol" Then maybe I can take a break again. Kris & Sandi are coming here for Christmas this year. I know they have a lot more fun with Sandi's family. (large family with all the aunts & uncles and cousins and nieces and nephews), but I really appreciate that they come here every other year. I know it is quiet but I really like to see them. Now I have all the dishes done, some laundry on, the soup stock simmering, and curling on tv. What else could I ask for. Have a great week. And keep buying those lottery tickets! It's back to 50 million on Friday
Cat

ps  Curling??  Pati

No comments:

Post a Comment