Friday, November 23, 2012

Not an adventure

We had a short outing today.  A quick trip to the bank, over to the fabric store to pick up some bias tape, and then home via Tim's.  Driving home we talked about whether we had had an adventure or an excursion, deciding that it wasn't nearly interesting enough for an adventure. Climbing out of the car--panic--where's my purse? Then realizing that it was probably left hanging in the cubicle of the washroom at Tim's.  Hurried trip to Tim's, all the while discussing the steps in cancelling credit cards etc. Got to Tim's, pushed past the line up and spoke to the lady who had sold us coffee.  She started to smile when she saw me, and when   I told her my problem said " You mean the big red one?"  Yep, they had it--intact, money and all.  So perhaps, it was an adventure after all.

Off to a painting workshop tomorrow. This will be my first actual long outing.  I expect to be very tired when it's over, so David is going to drive me, and then pick me up ( there's not much parking around the building, in any case).  The workshop runs from 10:00 to 3:00 with a lunch break, and I can't believe the stuff the teacher wants us to bring--another reason David is going alone to help me.

The baking is taking its tole.  We have both gained a little weight this week, so time to go back to the old routine.  I found a package of tart shells in the freezer, with a best before date of May 2012.  We also had one jar of Cross and Blackwell mincemeat--purchased in 2007.  So we made up 6 tarts and cooked them off.  They weren't bad at all, so finished the bottle for a total of about 24.  But they're just about gone now, as we didn't want to freeze them yet again.  We're going to Amber's for Christmas dinner, and she has asked for some Melting Moments, even though Loren and Gillian are in charge of dessert.  so I guess I have to make those, but much, much closer to Christmas.  Loren and Gillian are taking an internet cooking course, and thought that this would be in ideal chance to practice a fancy dessert, although I have no idea what they have in mind..

Well, blogger is giving me grief about spacinf, and I can't see what I've typed, so obviously time to sign off.  Have a grat weekedn, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment