Wednesday, November 14, 2012

No big storms yet...

...I almost feel paranoid looking for the onslaught of snow and wind but so far nothing. There is a dusting of snow on the ground but nothing to worry about. The heavy rain that was promised also did not materialize even though I had put the sump pump outside and ready. So yesterday because the temps fall so drastically, I had to bring it back in and thaw the ice formed in the pipe before storing it away for now. Now I shift into the "christmas" mode to start to get cards done, and decorations ready and soon the tree out of the basement etc etc. So I have been working in the basement store room trying to organize all the boxes of preserves done down this year and a few years past. There is so much it seems hard to think we can ever make a dint but I am going to try. So jam on toast and pickles for every meal will be the norm for now. Yesterday I walked up to the post office, and pharmacy, and of course veered into the Bin Store. I had the recipe for Kris Kringle cookies (Whats Cooking)  and bought the ingredients I needed. I sure hope I do it justice as I will want to justify to myself the expense of white choc and dried cranberries and pecans haha  Patty, don't worry about not baking for awhile as I seem to be doing double duty these days - and the best part is I get to eat it all!!
I sit here thinking about Cathy cleaning her house all day - actually I think I see you sitting right now with coffee in hand and a book open???  I am reading The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown right now - this is the book that they say was fashioned from parts of The Hermetic Code that described the making of the Manitoba Legislature structures- remember that visit I made where we all read that book? I would like to find it again maybe at the Library - who was the author - anyone remember? Mike is back from his hunting trip but his group is apparently still out for this week - he had to come back to work. They had four deer so far and he imagined the others may get a few more. So he shall get some meat but not sure how it will be distributed. For his first adventure of this nature, I guess it is good that he was somewhat successful ( even if it not my thing at all!!) Well, another day ahead of me so better go for now. Be thinking of you both, and hope you both have a "better" week. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment