Friday, November 9, 2012

Doctors

We went to Huntsville today as I mentioned in order for me to attend my appt, go to a new (new to us, that is) store called Restore, and then to the grave to pick up the flowers. I got to the Doctors and the receptionist said she was about an hour behind and if I wanted to go somewhere and come back in an hour it would be OK - she took my cell phone just incase. We drove across the town to the other side to look for this store but even before we got there my cell went off. The Doctor was just about caught up since she had a cancellation and if I could come back I would be seen right away! So we never actually got to the store. I got into the office right away, and then went through the usual process of height and weight, and then Blood pressure. I noticed that my BP readings were a bit high.Then the Dr came in and was quite relaxed saying it was so good to see me every year. Then started to ask about Mike and his deployment to Afghanistan - remembering all this info from previous visits. She talked on for some time in quiet engaged conversation and I got a totally different impression of her this time around. Throughout the rest of the examination she continued with light conversation even talking about herself a bit. I think she was not under strain like in other times when she was behind and the waiting room was full. It was actually a nice visit inspite of the reasons and procedures performed. However, she is now concerned about my BPs and I guess I should be too as I know they have been on the high side for a number of years. I have to take them and record and then send her a copy over the next three to four weeks. I did this before about four years ago so hope that maybe the readings will stabilize a bit . We finally got to the store and it was a Habitat for Humanity second hand store - furnishings, building materials and household articles, but no cloths. Interesting but I wasn't interested in anything! Anyway, the weekend weather report just on the TV states freezing rain and issues a warning for driving We are supposed to go to North Bay and do our thing with Aunt Ev so tomorrow morning will have to reassess and make a decision then. Have a nice weekend, and take care

No comments:

Post a Comment